Monday, April 9, 2012

33/100 Dogs ~ Truman ~Boxer


Shortly after Christmas my granddog Sammy crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and then in late January Truman came to live with my daughter and grandson via Boxer Luv, the Boxer rescue organization in Phoenix.  He has blended well into their family by this point.  He is believed to be about three years old.  One interesting thing they discovered about him is that when their land line rings, he goes to the set and picks up the receiver and brings it to someone to answer.  Perhaps he was a service dog in his past life!  This picture was taken by me the first day Truman met his new human family.

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that is so sweet! what a handsome (and obviously smart) boy! :)

Paula said...

A face to love and so smart to answer the phone, well he almost answers it.

Magpie said...

What an adorable sweetie pie. I love that he answers the phone.

Kate said...

Sweet-looking and smart, too! Love his face and those soulful eyes. Rescue dogs are the best; we've had several and haven't once regretted our decisions to bring each one into our household.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a diamond in the rough. Bless your daughter for rescuing sweet Truman. :)

TxFarmhouse said...

Truman sounds wonderful! Who's rescuing who?

Randy said...

Handsome young man. So happy he was adopted.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Truman's sweet face and even sweeter story made me tear up a little. i do so love it when families rescue these wonderful dogs. here in our town they had 80 boxers for rescue and it broke my heart.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, what a great pup! Our friends have 2 boxers. I love them!

Judy said...

Beautiful face and a great story!

Michelle said...

Wow...if they ever need to find him a home, I'll take him! I'd teach him to get things from my fridge. :)

Lara said...

He's a wonderful dog, Y'all! Such a lover. Great pic, mom!

Mari said...

He's a good looking guy! My daughter has a boxer named Sophie, so I have a soft spot for them.

Jo's World said...

Truman is a handsome guy indeed. Does he have any other actions he performs like going to the doors?
Sometimes the service dog doesn't quite make it all the way in things to do for people. So he may just excell at answering the phone (because when he picks it up it stops ringing and I bet he likes that.)

Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat

EG CameraGirl said...

How cute that he get the phone!

Pia said...

I am happy for him and his new family. Seems to be a win win situation :-)

Suburban Girl said...

Would you consider adding this to the little competition on my photo blog this week. It fits the cropped close theme, and I think this theme is a little difficult for people.