I don't know if this guy was the vendor or just an attendee sitting down for a spell.
Help, Blogger Friends: Today I tried out Google Chrome upon the suggestion of a blogging friend and when I tried to open my blog site it opened in my dashboard, and across the top was "The Old Blogger Interface will be removed in the coming month. Upgrade now."
What does this mean? If I don't upgrade my blog will go away? What is the new interface? Any insight anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Why have I not seen this when I'm working on my blog in Firefox?


19 comments:
the new interface is just the new format google has given us for blogger. lots of folks are being switched automatically (although right now it still allows you to switch back to the old one - temporarily). it's just a different layout. your blog is safe right where it is. your dashboard and blog rolls, etc. will just look differently.
and that guy is a character!
I've switched trying to get used to it before I have to. I know another blogger switched and wanted to "play" with the templates and it changed her entire look and she can't get back the original. I'm almost scared to hit any new buttons.
And the question is "is he or isn't he?" Interesting...
I don't know about this fella...I'm thinking he might be trying out that sofa before buying. :)
I'm at a loss on anything blogger...sorry.
They automatically changed me, I haven't done a post with the new one yet so don't know how that is gonna be. They had a good, simple system and they switched for something more complicated. They must all be veterans of the federal govt!
Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat
The new post is actually quite efficient, once you become familiar with the new format. I like it; try it yourself.
I love people who are able to relax like that in public. Loved your comment on the female cadets at The Citadel!
I meant the new blogger format (not post) you questioned.
If you get switched to the new blogger and want to go back, there is still a little gear at the top right of the dashboard page where you an go back. I've done it twice now - they keep switching me to the new interface and I really dislike the new one.
Nifty picture of the guy in the chair!
He's had a long hard day!
This looks just like a weekly auction I used to attend! Folks would sit on the furniture during the auction. I found it amusing.
He's got a nice comfy place to relax and seems to be enjoying himself.
Thanks again for sharing the info with me yesterday.
i love the new format and have been using it for a year now. it is the same but the things are in a different place, there are videos to watch that walk you through where to find things. you can stay like you are and one day they will flip you into it when the old one is no longer in use.
forgot to say this photo gave me a big smile, i showed it to hubby. we love it.
They automatically switched me to the new format which was rather distressing at the time because I was already having trouble with the scheduled posts. The new template is fine and works well after you figure out where everything is located. Mo from London gave me the tip to check my time zone to make sure it matched what was coming up on the new scheduler. I switched it to Mountain-Arizona and my posts have been working ever since. They could really use people experienced in writing training materials. They seem to be lacking in understandable instructions.
These are some wonderful recent images.
It took me a while to get used to the new format...just because it looks different. I like it.
That's a great photo of a very interesting character. I bet he's got a few stories to tell. I'm slowly getting used to the new blogger layout. It was a little strange at first but everything seems to be okay.
It sure looks like he picked out a comfortable chair!
Love it!!!
Post a Comment