Monday, May 10, 2010
Vintage Car in a Vintage Neighborhood 291/365
Walking along through the Portland Street Historic District I saw this vintage auto at one of the homes ~ so appropriate I thought. The homes of the Portland Street Historic District are amongst the most beautiful in our city. As part of the larger Roosevelt Historic District, it is comprised of the homes on four blocks of Portland Street. The neighborhood was laid out in 1893 along boulevard planning concepts, with landscaped center islands (labeled "parks" on the plot maps), providing an aura of spaciousness important to the visual elegance of elite suburban development. The street is lined with massive old palms evenly spaced throughout the subdivision. A mere 33 buildings are part of this historic district.
For a picture of the home this cute car belongs to along with what I call the Jewel of Portland Street, please see my extra photos blog. CLICK HERE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
That is one awesome car~! I went to your other blog and the houses are beautiful too.
I wonder what it's like to ride around in one of these? Looks like fun. Glad the weather was nice for walking.
Oops! I guess you did. I should have known better. :-)
Oh what a fun ride!
Sweet ride!
You live in a city that;s very kind to old cars since no one salts the roads there. This is a beauty!
I love this shiny car and such a great place to find it.
Beautiful automobile!
That's a fabulous photo. I'd love to go for a ride in that car!
This classic is a real jewel.
Post a Comment