Sunday, May 23, 2010
Lady Liberty's New Dress 304/365
Even Phoenix’s own Statue of Liberty is getting in the spirit of the NBA Western Conference finals. Everyone who has lived in Phoenix during the past 20 years is no doubt familiar with the 6-foot tall Lady Liberty statue at the corner of 7th Avenue and Palm Lane. For the past few days she has donned a bright orange “toga,” and I’m assuming it’s a rally for our hometown team, the Phoenix Suns. Phoenix is down two games to the Lakers but will be playing tonight on home court. Go Los Suns!
Lady Liberty's home is perhaps the most unique in the Encanto-Palmcroft Historic District. For examples of some of my favorite homes in this area see FKH PHOTO JOURNAL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
How on earth did I miss this! Oh yes, I've been out of the valley for a few days.
Oh,how neat! Would you believe I clicked on your blog and began to read just after my husband began to watch the game you referred to!! I read your post to him! Love the colorful Lady Liberty!
Great catch, Kathy! Go Suns!!!
Oh I thought she was cheering for the Phila Flyers. :)
GO SUNS!
Well, isn't she stylish? :) Go Suns!
LOL! I think she would look better in yellow and purple. :)
Post a Comment