Tuesday, May 4, 2010
View from the Phoenix Public Library 285/365
Today I had my car serviced at a garage about one mile from the Burton Barr Central Library, the flagship of the Phoenix Public Library, so I spent a couple hours doing some research for my historic properties photos. This picture was taken taken from the fifth floor and looks north at what we call midtown, one of two business sections which make up our skyline. You may be able to see that Phoenix is indeed a valley with mountains all around.
The library was constructed in 1995 and named for longtime Arizona House majority leader Burton Barr who was a tireless fundraiser for the library. It houses a collection of 705,000 items.
For other views of the library, including downtown, please go to my extra photos blog here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a beautiful view!
Great shot. How did you research go? Good, I hope.
Wow, nice picture of downtown! The library is a very photogenic place, although I have to question why they would hang the Soleri Wind Bells in the Arizona Room, where it is so windless and quiet that you could hear a pin drop. What a shame that nobody ever gets to hear them! Anyway, love the pictures and thanks for sharing them with us.
That is a lovely cityscape shot. No smog!
Post a Comment