Friday, March 12, 2010
Watering Hole 232/365
I took a walk today along a desert trail at one of our city parks dubbed as easy. Well, it wasn't horribly difficult but due to all the rocks along the trail it wasn't something a person of my age who hasn't been hiking in many years wants to do without adequate hiking boots. I did catch some good desert flora and at least one fauna. There was something in a brown fur coat near this pond that went scurrying into a burrow when it heard me approaching. With all our recent rains, this small wash still had an abundant amount of water which I'm sure is appreciated by those brown furry things that live in this area. Our deserts and mountains are extremely green right now, wildflowers are beginning to bloom and in a few more weeks the desert trees and cacti will be in full regalia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You may enjoy seeing the fog in my photos, and I'm enjoying seeing the desert and mountains in yours!
The desert really needs all this water...it will make for beautiful wildflowers! Glad you were able to do the hike and enjoy our sunshine.
This is the time of year to be in the desert! I hope you will be posting photos of some of the desert blossoms!
The desert is so green and beautiful this spring. That's a lovely picture. I can't wait to see all the wildflowers.
Post a Comment