Friday, March 19, 2010

Tudor Revival Style House 239/365


This little house in Central Phoenix just a couple of blocks north of Camelback Road is described only as a Tudor Revival House by the Phoenix Historic Property Register.  The shake roof resembling thatch and the steep gable are reminiscent of Tudor but the arches point to Spanish Revival so I'm guessing it's a combination of the two architectural styles.  Different sources identify its construction date as 1925 or 1929.  The other information about this house that I could find is that it is also called the George H. Vradenburg House and that it has been nominated for inclusion into the National Register of Historic Places in a category of farmhouses or rural estate homes.  I find many listings on the web for George Vradenburg but none for George H. in Phoenix or Arizona. 

I would surmise, based on the large bell to the left of the front window, that this home was originally a ranchhouse as this area was originally populated by farmers and ranchers.

4 comments:

Lara said...

Uh, when can I move in?

Mari said...

I love that bell, and the shape of the window!

Sharon said...

this is a gorgeous house. It would be fun to live here.

Magpie said...

We all agree - I could so live here!!!