Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Grant You Three Wishes 224/365

This imposing genie resides at the front door of an "antique" store in the Melrose area of Phoenix (I put "antique" in quotes because it's not really an antique store; it's what I like to call a good junk store).  He is a rather intimidating figure, about five feet tall and is purported to weigh 200 pounds.  Click on the image to enlarge and you can see his six-pack of abs, the veins in his arms and the hair above his belly button (if you really want to look at those features, that is).  My three wishes are to know the following:  1) Where did he come from? 2) Who owned him? 3) What room in their house did he live in?  If I could be granted a fourth wish, it would be to know:  Why did they have him anyway?

4 comments:

Martha said...

What a great shot! I love the peach blossoms in the previous entry too! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Magpie said...

He startled me when I first opened the post!! He's a very imposing figure. I love a good junk shop!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine wanting him around the house. Wonder if he was a prop for a play or movie.