Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Even Weeds Can Be Pretty 222/365
I must confess that the great majority of flower/garden pictures I take are not from my garden. They are a result of taking walks in my neighborhood and others' and also visiting nurseries and garden centers as I'm out and about. However, with all modesty aside, I must take full credit for this glorious weed I found blooming amongst my lantana that was nipped by the frost and now is awaiting a major haircut. This may be one of my favorite pictures I've taken thus far in my blogging career! For another shot of this weed blossom, CLICK HERE.
This photograph has been submitted for inclusion in Macro Monday. For other fabulous closeup shots, CLICK HERE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Absolutely wonderful!! It reminds me of a dandelion photo I took in Silverton Colorado. "Take a picture of the pretty flower, Momma." my daughter said. So I did.
I just love this! Absolutely beautiful shot!
My, that looks so soft and fluffy! =) Excellent macro!
Yes, ma'am, that's a very cool shot! I love how large it is in the shot! You really got a great shot of it!
RE: your question about posting - since there's so many different time zones, they open them all the day before so that people overseas can get in on the posting too. If not, then we'd be the ones posting on that specific day & overseas posts would be a day late (since their time zones are so far ahead of ours).
It was confusing to me too at first, so I know what you mean!
I love this photo. The detail is amazing!
What a macro - really draws the eye in!
No matter you got this shot, it is beautiful. So crisp and fluffy. :)
It looks so much fuller than the ones in my yard...wonder if there is a regional difference. Makes me want to blow on it...just like a kid! ~8-)
Love this one too - and the one before this too! Some really great shots this week :-)
Weeds can be delightful, and this one certainly is! But after all, they're just flowers growing in the wrong place, really, aren't they?
I'm rather partial to weeds myself. I grow them so well! This is a beautiful shot. I love the softness of it.
achooo, achooo, achooo!!!
Oh wow, that macro dandelion was so life like that it made me sneeze. :) GREAT shot!
Can't blame you this one is so gorgeous. But I knew you are going to have more soon. Happy Monday!
The petal
Lovely shot!
The petal
I like your dandelion a lot but I have to laugh because I posted one as well this week! Have a great MM!
gorgeous, absolutely!
lovely picture - a weed is just a flower in the wrong place
My opinion is that there are no weeds! They all have beauty and purpose. And you have certainly shown us the beauty.
Post a Comment