Wednesday, March 10, 2010
N. Clyde Pierce House 230/365
The N. Clyde Pierce House is a beautifully restored Mission/Spanish Revival home built in 1928 located at
4505 East Osborn. Although it is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, once again I can find little information about this stunning house or about the original owner.
This is what I know: N. Clyde Pierce was an alternate delegate from Arizona to the Republican National Convention in 1952.
According to the May 12, 1961, edition of the Prescott Evening Courier, Pierce Farms, Inc., a family-owned corporation, headed by Clyde Pierce, a well-known lumberman and cattleman, purchased the 10,000-acre Long Meadow Ranch 20 miles north of Prescott for $1.5 million. Although I can't be assured that this is the same Clyde Pierce, the National Registry lists Nelson Clyde Pierce as the architect, builder, or engineer of this residence, so it might seem logical that the builder would be a lumberman. Although the current home has a stucco finish, stucco is known to be a modern-day fix to the exterior of many older homes in this area.
According to the county assessor, the Pierce House is approximately 3,000 square feet and is currently owned by someone with the surname of Pierce who is a general commercial contractor registered with the State of Arizona. I think it's pretty neat that an obvious descendant of the original owner still lives in the home today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What an elegant house. I think it's great that a descendant is still living there too!
I'm so glad you found a spot of sunshine to get out and about in. But I heard raindrops hitting my window last night.
That's an incredible place. Thanks for the story. It is elegant and grand but not ostentatious.
Gorgeous home!
Post a Comment