Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hay Season


Near Mount Vernon, Texas


Near Center, Texas


Near the community of East Point, Texas

It's hay season again here in East Texas with many farmers experiencing the second cut of the season.  We were planning on having our meadow cut this past week but the rains came for five days in a row, giving us a little over four inches of the liquid gold, thereby ensuring a third cut before summer is over.

I'll be leaving early Sunday morning for a road trip to a place in Texas where I've never taken photographs or even visited in the past 30 years.  I'll be back in three or four days so I'll see you then!

15 comments:

Randy said...

Wonderful shots. I hope you have a great road trip.

TexWisGirl said...

be safe, kathy! and i'm so jealous on the rains. we got maybe 1/4 inch of sprinkles. no 2nd cutting here, much less a 3rd.

BlueShell said...

Hello Dear!
Thank you for visiting!

Lovely fields, and lovely barn....
Here we have no rain at all...the wintertime was dry and the summer is also dry...

Love iIabel, aka, blueshell

Lois Evensen said...

Great! We look forward to seeing pictures you take on your trip. Road Trips are such fun. :)

Happy Sunday,
Lois

Judy said...

I was wondering if you got in on that rain we have been hearing about. It was much needed but seems to all come at once as ours is now. We are thankful for it no matter how we get it.
I will be interested to see where the road leads you this time.

Sharon said...

A lovely trio of water color paintings!
Safe travels!

EG CameraGirl said...

Enjoy your time away! I like forward to seeing what you find there. :)

Mari said...

I love seeing those hay bales!
Hope you have a great trip!

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely photos! Enjoy your trip to Texas. Happy traveling!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you must be getting all the rain my mother has been missing!

Magpie said...

There is a Mt. Vernon in Illinois also. Glad you're getting the needed rain.

Anonymous said...

Loving the hay bales -- safe travels, Kathy!

Lisa Gordon said...

These are beautiful Kathy.
I especially love the softness and colors in the first one.
I hope you are having a wonderful trip!
xo.

Michelle said...

Ahhhchooo...just thinking about hay makes me sneeze. Enjoy your time away...be safe.

Pia said...

This are wonderful impressions from your area Kathy!