Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cooling Off on a Hot Summer Day


Barney Bluebird thinks the water in this birdbath looks pretty inviting.


Before getting too carried away, he decides to wade a bit.


And then comes the big splash!


Might as well enjoy it to the max!
Sometimes you just gotta dunk your head!


After a little coaxing, Becky decides to join him.
After all, bathing together saves on the utility bills!


But Becky doesn't want to get her feathers too ruffled.


Barney decides to make his way to the top of the bird feeder ...


... because that's the best place to dry off!

Here's wishing you have a good place to take a dip on a hot summer day!

LINKING TO CAMERA CRITTERS

19 comments:

Randy said...

What a cute little bather.

Chubskulit Rose said...

awesome action shots.

Some Cardinal shots, come and see.

Andrea said...

Hi Kathy, what a wonderful way to put that drama on the birdbath! Putting birdbaths is not common in our area as we have a problem with water. Conserving rainwater during these months hasn't been a fad yet, but maybe in the future when we ran out of solutions.

[about our dog, she has five more sibling although she is the smallest, but they have the same fur. Thanks for dropping by my site.

Amy Burzese said...

Birds are so funny in their baths. I love their ruffled feathers.

Phil Slade said...

Love your Bluebirds Kathy.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i have a big silly smile on my face, these are wonderful, all of them, a few made me laugh. i love the ruffled look when wet. barney is such a brilliant beautiful blue

TexWisGirl said...

love the one of barney submerged!

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing i found your blog thrue other followers...looking for to visit more...blessings across the miles..

Sharon said...

What a great series of shots. It certainly put a smile on my face!

Jo's World said...

Bluebirds are a big favorite of mine so I loved this post. We don't see these pretty birds so often but the blue and rust combo is beautiful.

Cheers,
Jo

DeniseinVA said...

They are having so much fun on a hot day. Must feel great! Lovely photos Kathy.

Magpie said...

All fantastic shots, but that fourth one is priceless! Nice and sharp too, Kathy. Great job.

Judy said...

Well, that was just good clean fun! You captured this little slice of life so well!

Anonymous said...

I love to watch them splash!

Kate said...

You did a MARVELOUS job of capturing those birds. I sat in my backyard yesterday for over an hour, waiting for some action but they refused to visit while I was there. Can't fool those little birds, and I suppose I need a better lens so I can keep my distance and still get some good photos.

Anonymous said...

Great photos and I love your captions!

James said...

Nice shots! I don't blame them for trying to cool off. It's way too hot for me. :)

Suburban Girl said...

Such a great time of year, I have been enjoying my wildlife visitors also.

Pia said...

Hi Kathy!
I love this post! Isn´t that so wonderful to see... my day is made when I had such a scene to observe ♥♥♥