Friday, December 16, 2011

Tweedledum and Tweedledee


May I introduce you to my newest favorite farm animal (outside of donkeys, that is), the chicken, and more specifically these roosters who are known as Tweedledum and Tweedledee.  Now which is which, don't ask me.  I'm not sure their owner knows.  I don't even know what kind of poultry they are but these guys are pretty darned handsome.  So handsome, as a matter of fact, I'm going to be bringing you periodic pictures of them.  They tend to roost in trees (here they were about 20 feet up in the branches of a tree that has already shed its leaves.  They do a lot of strutting around and cockle-doodle-dooing throughout the day.  They live right over within shouting distance of where our old farmhouse once stood and I walk over there a couple times a week.  Maybe I'll talk to their mistress and find out if I can bring them some corn so they will come to greet me.  So get ready, friends.  I'll find out what breed they are and bring you more of the Tweedles.  (Also I have some new donkey photos to share with you too!)

15 comments:

Randy said...

Those are some good looking twins.

Magpie said...

What a brilliant pop of color up in that tree. They're not really camouflaged are they?

Jill said...

They are stunning! Can't wait to see more.

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like they don't have any hens over there to fight over? they are beauties!

Sharon said...

These two are simply the most handsome roosters I've ever seen. More pictures of them will be a welcome sight.

Anonymous said...

Roosters in a tree? Now I have seen everything.

Judy said...

They are quiet proud of themselves I think. Can't wait for the donkey shots. They are one of my favorites too.

Reena said...

I have grown to have a greater appreciation of chickens since I've taken up photography. They do have such beauty and a lot of character. Looking forward to seeing more of these guys!

Birdman said...

I have to agree. Roosters above ground? First for me too.

Unknown said...

This photo made me smile. This kind of rooster is a common sight in the Philippines. Well most especially if your neighbor likes to raise this kind of rooster for "cock fighting". I love this photo!! Thanks for the visit and happy weekend!

Sharon Creech said...

Roosters in the trees?! Oh, that is a sight I'd like to see 'live'!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful shot... but their names... that's the pièce de résistance!

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Tweedledum and Tweedledee are so brilliantly coloured!! So handsome.

EG CameraGirl said...

They are quite the climbers, that's for sure!

Pia said...

Oh Kathy, lucky you to have them around you! Looking forward for the pics!
No eggs but posing for photos, thats ok :-) they are worthy corn.

Liebe Grüße,
Pia