Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Best and Worst of Texas' Largest Flea Market


Friday brought the first trip to Trade Days in Canton since the heat of the summer passed, 
even though it was still quite warm in the upper 80s.  
Another first was seeing a coffin for sale at Texas' largest flea market.


Now I would definitely wear these cowgirl boots.


This fellow made me grain when I spotted him. 


A prop for the display of jewelry brings back the romance and excitement of the Roaring '20s.


A carved mask which would be stunning in the right decor.


Who, Who, Who are you?
Metal yard art continues to be popular with new characters making their debuts.

Tomorrow I'll feature Canton Shoppers.
Get ready for some fun!

17 comments:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Very interesting objects for sale!

Anonymous said...

What a range of objects!!! I really love the owls; they are so popular currently.

Randy said...

Love the owls.

Paula said...

Lots of cute things for sale.

Beth said...

Some very interesting things you saw for sale!

Jo's World said...

These big markets are more fun than a picnic! Looking forward to more pics!

Jo

Kate said...

What a terrific flea market...such variety, although I could do without the coffin. makes me squeamish.
Love the boots; I'd wear them, too.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

my favorite today is the roaring 20's. i wonder if they coffin was for halloween? strange things are happening in our world

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for taking us along! :)

Birdman said...

All I can say about the 'box' is--- Did someone forget to die? Is it used? I'm confused on this one. You?
Otherwise, I'd dig this place!

Judy said...

I guess you can find just about anything at that market. I like the boots!
Now I am curious to see the shoppers.

Sharon said...

I LOVE those boots. The coffin, not so much. Those owls are kind of cute too.

Pia said...

There was a coffin for sale on the flea market? I cant´t believe! Kathy I so hope you asked about the story behind. I need to know.....
Liebe Grüße,
Pia

Lara said...

I love the boots! Kinda bizarro that you can buy a coffin there; but you can buy coffins at Costco, so why not a flea market?

Carletta said...

So much to see!
I guess it's rather a good thing that someone DIDN'T need the coffin. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

What a super place to take your camera!

Magpie said...

On average, how many pictures do you take when you go to one of these? I think I would need my backup battery. :)