Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Proofreader Needed



Canton, Texas, First Monday Trade Days

Since I work as a proofreader 
(and I don't proofread my own work - only that of others!) 
I always get a big kick out of seeing signs which contained misspelled words.

If you love signs, join all of us
Silly Sign People
at Lesley's Signs Signs

23 comments:

Randy said...

Too funny!

Reena said...

I'm with you ... I love catching others typos. Especially in magazines or newspapers!

Paula said...

Our county has "Egg and Winnie" tacos for sale.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the tralior for rent!

Jo's World said...

I am a champ speller too, and mispells make me crazy! I want to fix them, whether they are in pencil, pen, typed or painted.However, I rarely do!

Cheers,

Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Anonymous said...

Florida, sad to say, has a boatload of these misspelled signs!! One day I saw a sign in which a Daycare was advertising their services and there was a misspelling...I would definitely NOT send my child there.

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! I think some people think spelling rules are for fuddy duddies.

I don't think many people can proofread their own work. I certainly can't as my eyes tend to see what they "know" is there. Believe it or not, I have also worked as a proofreader. Like most people, I can see other people's mistakes way better than my own. :))

Amy Burzese said...

Haha! I found one of those not too long ago. I should post it. Thanks for the laugh!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, deer. oops. i mean oh, dear! ha ha!

Beth said...

LOL!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

my problem is as i have aged i find myself doing things like these signs and thank goodness for the red squiggle that comes up under misspelled words. when reading our local news paper i am appalled at the spelling and punctuation or
lack there of. also i find more and more errors in the books i read, as if the proof readers are not finding them and in the kindle books there are many more errors than in printed ones.

Magpie said...

These are wonderful examples of creative spelling. :) I'm wondering what the (m-o-r) means in the first sign though? Do you know?

Magpie said...

Oh, wait! Just as I hit the publish button it came to me....mustard, onion, relish!

Judy said...

This really is kind of funny. I wonder if anyone told them.

RedPat said...

Sad sign of the times.

Unknown said...

these are funny.:p
i wonder if anyone had asked about the "tralior for rent".:p

Lesley said...

Thank you for sharing this gem!

Unknown said...

these are funny.:p
i wonder if anyone had asked about the "tralior for rent".:p

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Too funny! I'm an honorary member of the spelling police, but I never get paid for it ;>) and mistakes always make me laugh.

Sharon said...

Oh wow, these are great.

Jim said...

Well weathered.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

A Colorful World said...

Laughing this morning!

Pia said...

Hi Kathy!
This is so funny! I love to proofread other peoples writings. And I think it is not possible to proofread own texts. Don´t ask how often I have to correct my posts...
Liebe Grüße,
Pia