Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty
Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty
One of my relatives has somewhere between 15 and 17 of these beautiful cats! Her husband said 16 or 17, she says 15 or 16. When you don't even know how many you have, that's too many! They are beautiful cats. All except one are primarily white with black markings. The one oddball is primarily black with white markings. He sticks out like a sore thumb.
They live out in the country and the cats are purely outdoor cats. Thank goodness!
Just a note: While composing this blog I got a message from Google saying that I had run out of storage in my Blogger account and I must pay to add more. I figured that time was coming. I clicked the proper buttons, filled in the proper info, and then I hit a snag, being told that my purchase could not be complete because Google was not responding and I needed to reload the information later. I reloaded the page, picked up where I left off and it would not allow me to go back to where I was. Grrrrr, these danged Internet pages (I've been trying to get on Walmart's website for almost 24 hours to order a Christmas gift that is not available in the store. I keep getting an error and I'm asked to try again later.) While I'm trying to figure out what to do next, I click on the button that says something about more information. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that if you resize your pictures to under 800 by 800 pixels you are not charged for storage for that picture. Now mind you I've been resizing my pictures to under 600 by 600 for the past year, but I had forgotten to resize the two collages in this post before downloading them into Blogger and I guess it was just enough to trigger that buy more storage warning. So all you bloggers out there, think about resizing those pictures to eventually save yourself some money. Plus the smaller pictures upload waaaaay faster and if they're small enough it is a discouragement to others who may be thinking about copying and using your photos.




17 comments:
I do love cats BUT I agree your relative has more than I could handle at one time. :) These have such sweet faces.
I didn't realize the photo size had to be smaller than 800 by 800. I'll keep that in mind. Most of mine are 680 by 453 because, as you said, it discourages thieves.
Lovely cats - and that is quite a few!!
I agree with resizing photos - mine are either 750x something or 450 x something - just to discourage copying/downloading. Glad to know I'm unintentionally managing my blog storage space too.
i lost my storage and had to pay after 1 year, when i started, i did not know about resizing the photos and used up my free space in 15 months. had to start paying, lucky for me, when i started it was 5 dollars for the year, since i have been paying that for 2 years, i am grandfathered in at that price.
i love that first collage and hope you don't mind if i use that format with the diamond i the middle. that is way cool. sweet and pretty little kittens.
It is a very good collage and I love the images and subject! What program did you use to achieve that effect? I have tried to resize my photos on iphoto on my Mac and have never been able to do it. I guess a call to Apple tech this morning is in order!
Beautiful cats Kathy but, I agree that is way too many.
A friend had 33-+ at one time... barn cats.
Beautiful collage, Kathy! I know someone who had around 30 cats. Unless one is quite wealthy, that is too many to take care of properly. The words "spay and neuter" come to mind.
I have been on blogger for four years and haven't used up all my space yet. But I have been downsizing from the start.
the cats all look healthy and well cared for. i'd like to take a couple to dwell in our barn. *sigh*
glad you were able to manage the space thing! good for folks to know!
We love the black and white kitty pictures here! Stella wants to order a couple to have just because they would look so pretty by her black furs! Zkhat doesn't think its a good idea.
I have too many pics on my computer, but usually I just go through and clean house now and then! I can see where you photogs would need to give it all some serious thought!
Cheers and hugs,
Jo
Lovely cats !
You should have a caption contest for that one cat photo with the flower pot!
Nice captures!
Cute cats! I myself can only handle the two that I have. The youngest is very demanding of my time.
The cats are really cute but I think a few too many.
I didn't realize that the photos should be resized to 800 x 800. I have been resizing mine but not quite that much. Guess I better start.
Love tose kitties! They are so pretty. And I imagine they have no mouse problem around theri property! I had the storage thing come up as well yesterday. ugh! Need to begin resizing!
Hi Kathy!
Thanks for the information about blogger and storage of pictures. I resize to 750x500 mostly without knowing that. Seems to be a good idea...
Oh these cute Kitties!! They all look so well-groomed. You made a beautiful collage Katy!
Liebe Grüße,
Pia
Beautiful cats! But, yep, if you don't know how many you have, you must have too many! :-) About the computer issue...good advice about the pictures. Hope you can get on that Walmart site soon! I just ordered a new card with the bank that I will only use for online purchases....and can't do anything till the car gets here and we are running out of time for that sort of thing for Christmas! I should have done it earlier! :-)
Post a Comment