Friday, November 23, 2012

Canton Hats

For those of you who visit this blog with regularity you know that frequently I visit what is purported to be the nation's largest flea market in Canton, Texas.  While there a few weeks ago I tired of shooting pictures of junk so I decided I needed a theme and I chose hats.  Following are the best of the bunch.


We met this charming lady while we were having breakfast on the flea market grounds.  
She and her best friend, although they live many miles apart, 
meet each other and enjoy the flea market almost every month.  
She says she always wears this hat when she goes to meet someone at the airport.  
They're always able to spot her even in a crowd.  
Good idea!


 A bucket hat is always a good choice for a sunny day.


This vendor has awfully cute freckles but she doesn't want any more so she chose a wide-brimmed straw.


The Mr. and Mrs.
I don't think he particularly likes to go shopping.
 

You can't go wrong with a feather in your cap.


Although they look familiar I can't place those wood strips.  
But I'm sure I didn't see them on a hat!


This guy is a regular vendor.  
He sells sorghum syrup and honey.  
He wears his straw hat rain or shine.


I guess this fellow carries some spare toothpicks in the weave of his straw hat.  
The one in his mouth seems to be chomped down to the nub.


And my favorite!
A black derby on a handsome dude!

13 comments:

BlueShell said...

aha...wonderful photos...The last one is exquisite.
Hope you had an Happy Thanksgiving day

Xoxo
BShell

Sharon said...

What a fun series this is. I love the had in the first picture. It's perfect for being spotted in a crowd.

Kate said...

This medley is fantastic! I adore hats and often wear them out and about. There are several here that I would like to own and wear. Great series!!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

these are all amazing shots. i have two that i like a little more than the others, the mr and mrs and feather in the cap. it is the people i like not just the hats. these are great. the vendor that sells syrup has on the hat my grandmother would not go out of the house without. when we went to the beach she wore long sleeves and long pants and shoes and that hat.

Judy said...

That was fun!

TexWisGirl said...

a cast of characters! the caning on that one hat is really odd.

The Cranky said...

This was a great series of photos; I adore quirky hats so thanks muchly for the smile!

Anonymous said...

I love the first hat. What a smart idea.That red flower is stunning alert. Her friend will find her for sure. If not the Market crowd will sure notice her.


Thanks for the hat day variety


Paula said...

Love the hat theme. I like hats and have a lot and rarely wear them.

Jo's World said...

I never wear a hat because I look even goofier than usual in them, but I really love them all.

More hats please!

Cheers,
Jo

EG CameraGirl said...

I enjoyed this collection of hats!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great shots!

Pia said...

You had a good idea to go to the flea-market-shooting with that theme in your mind Kathy. This post shows a very unique collection of hats and people!

Liebe Grüße,
Pia