Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Hungry Donkey
This picture was taken last winter during the throes of our drought. This donkey was having a hard time finding anything to eat. Many donkeys in Texas have been abandoned because their owners could not afford to feed them. Even though we have had good rains during the fall and thus far into the winter, people smarter than I have not yet declared the drought to be over. We're hoping and praying it is and that all animals, including donkeys, will again have green grass to eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
What a lovely looking donkey.
Drought is a terrible curse, now and down through the ages. My sincere hope is that this period passes for your area and that humans and animals get a reprieve from nature!
I hope the drought is over too.
Psst...tell him to turn around. I see lots of green stuff behind him. :)
i've been seeing the ads in the paper for 'found on FM xx' for donkeys all fall, too. so sad...
Abandoning them?? So, who is the real jackass? Not that cute little donkey.
I'm glad you have posted this because I don't think many people are aware of this sad problem. I wonder what will happen to all of these abandoned donkeys.
There are wild donkeys here in Arizona, mostly around Oatman.
Do they just walk around on their own, is nobody caring for them? That is sad for everybody, the animal as well the owner.
I've heard our auction won't even take donkeys any longer. We sure saw some pretty ones on our neighbors's property this week. I guess he can afford to feed them well as he is a banker.
I love his coloring! What a sad plight for these creatures.
He's so cute! Great shot!
Poor donkeys...
I hope this cute one is safe. His belly looks well-feed.
Beautiful animal! Donkeys have not been treated the best way over the history. Fortunatelly (and finally!) there's a programme here in order to give their dignity back and to preserve them from extinction. Yes, extinction!...
Post a Comment