Fulton Fuller introduced the hornless polled Hereford to this area in the 1930s. His old barn still stands as a tribute to his contribution to the ranching industry in East Texas. He died at the age of 102 in 1991.
Lovely photo! Wonder if Mr. Fuller's barn will last as long as he did. Even if he built it in the 30s it's still got a few years to go to make it to 100.
Hi! Thanks for visiting & commenting today. I think the barn in your photo is closer to falling than the one in my photo! Such an interesting history attached to yours.
It would be nice if the community could restore this barn as it looks to really be a collector’s piece of architecture. Love the writing on the roof. I see very little of that in this part of VA. genie
Beautiful old barn & love the historic aspect... I remember seeing barns w/ ads painted on the roofs when I was little, but I can't find anymore in this area.
What a gorgeous old barn. It really looks like it's on it's last legs. I wonder how long it will last? I bet there are some stories to tell from this one.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
23 comments:
Pour old barn--wonder how much longer it will stand there? Wonderful capture.
I see his name on the roof. It's too bad it wasn't taken care of. Nice capture!
Lovely photo! Wonder if Mr. Fuller's barn will last as long as he did. Even if he built it in the 30s it's still got a few years to go to make it to 100.
wow, it needs some help. but what potential there. or maybe it had potential in it's hay day. ha. ha!! so neat. love the writing on top. (:
I like to take home the roof. Needs a lot of TLC ^_^
Red Barn
what a great barn, and a nice bit of history!
It doesn't look like the barn will be standing too much longer. Love the roof!
What a great old barn! Just the thing for a photographer out hunting for a subject.
Wonderful picture. The roof held up well.
i love this barn, even more so with the bit of history attached!
Barely standing yet refuses to give up! Love it!
I think this is beyond potential... but what a FINE capture!
Hi! Thanks for visiting & commenting today. I think the barn in your photo is closer to falling than the one in my photo!
Such an interesting history attached to yours.
Now there's a barn that has seen better days!
Some needs to show this barn a little TLC. Love the roof!
It would be nice if the community could restore this barn as it looks to really be a collector’s piece of architecture. Love the writing on the roof. I see very little of that in this part of VA. genie
Wow, 102! The barn looks like it is on its last legs though.
Hi Kathy & welcome!
Beautiful old barn & love the historic aspect... I remember seeing barns w/ ads painted on the roofs when I was little, but I can't find anymore in this area.
Thanks for joining this week's Barn Charm =)
Looks like it might not stand after a a good, strong wind.
Love your entry! The sign on the roof is terrific!
Great old barn with interesting history.
Thanks for visiting and your nice comment.
Barb
What a gorgeous old barn. It really looks like it's on it's last legs. I wonder how long it will last? I bet there are some stories to tell from this one.
What a wonderful photo Kathy! This barn should be repaired to keep for future. I love the roof.
And please deny to go inside to take pictures there...
Liebe Grüße,
Pia
Post a Comment