When I entered the park I bought an $8 bucket of some sort of animal chow. Even though all the animals seemed very healthy and well-fed, they all liked the chow and expressed their appreciation for the snack in different ways. One of the park rules is that you may not leave your vehicle. It's obviously for your own safety. I wouldn't want to be run over by a herd of zebras!
If you aren't careful they will practically crawl in the vehicle with you!
This guy just grabbed the cup right out of my hand and that was the last I saw of it. It's a good thing they gave me two cups before I started off through the park.
The deer are fairly skittish and not friendly like the zebras but if you simply toss out some chow they will come along behind you and clean it up.
The geese quickly came up from the pond to get their share.
This little llama was VERY friendly. She had recently been sheared of her wool and I was surprised at how skinny she was. Her tail had been brushed into a fuzzy ball, but I couldn't get her away from the window to be able to take a photo of it.
This is where she started talking to me. (She's already drooling!)
"Okay, lady, stick 'em up. This is a highway robbery."
"Gimme the grub and I won't spit in your face. If not, it's all over but the spittin'!"
"Okay, I know you got it. I can see it in there."
"Now that's more like it!"
Tune in tomorrow for the last installment of the Grapeland Safari. I have a very special animal to share with you.










10 comments:
These are such fun shots!
loved these! and your commentary! :)
LOVE the Llama shots
You had such a great adventure with these animals, Kathy!
Wow, more amazing shots. You really got up close and personal.
Bearizona is a drive through animal park in Williams AZ but you are not allowed to put your windows down or feed the animals. This is just an amazing adventure you had.
And being run over by a herd of zebra would be an exotic way to go.
Too funny! What a really cute post! Glad you had two cups also. Might be a good idea to take a couple of extras from home, just in case! :-)
Great shots! This reminds me of a place we used to go to when I was a boy in Orange County, CA. It was called Lion Country Safari. Looking back it seems kind of dangerous having lions jumping on the car or hippos bumping into it. It was fun though. :-)
Your captions were so funny! I love going to these drive-thru safaris. The llama may have been greedy but oh so cute! Those eyes!!
I haven't visited for awhile so I checked all the posts I missed, and am really impressed with this animal park. An amazing array of animals which you captured in wonderful photos and close-ups.
Post a Comment