Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The King


Kitambi, Phoenix Zoo

No, not Elvis, not Michael Jackson.  The King of the Beasts, the Lion King!  This is my favorite shot of an African male lion.  Of course, it is a zoo photo.  I've never seen a lion outside of a zoo.  And I'm not sure I want to either!  But you have to agree he is a handsome dude!  Several of my photos lately have been old shots that were taken in Arizona.  I've been feeling quite homesick for my former home lately, and with my mom's declining health I don't make it out to take photos as frequently as I once did.  A click here and there but nothing extensive.

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

just so beautiful! look at those front paws! whew!

Randy said...

Those are some big paws.

biebkriebels said...

It is really a big cat, they look so simular as the small domestic ones. I caress those paws of my Sofietje, but shouldn't try it with this boy.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

bring on the archives.. he is just gorgeous and he does look very Kingly to me

Kaya said...

Wow! This is a fantastic capture of this powerful and gorgeous animal!

The Lion King seems very relaxed!

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful shot of the king. I don't believe I've ever been to the zoo when this guy wasn't asleep. I've been able to get outstanding photos of the tiger but that lion has always eluded me.

Judy said...

This is a nice shot of him. It shows what a proud beast he is, even if he lives in a zoo.

Rohrerbot said...

The coolest kind of king:)

Gail Dixon said...

He is quite handsome! I'm sorry you can't get out much, but I am enjoying your past photos.

Paula said...

Beautiful king and my favorite wild animal.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Such a majestic looking beast. I'm sorry you can't get out much to photograph- but these are great!

EG CameraGirl said...

Looking soooo regal and self-assured!