This mural on a brick wall in downtown Sulphur Springs, Texas, commemorates a longhorn cattle drive. You might be able to tell this photo was taken last fall.
That's a cool mural. I haven't been to Sulphur Springs in a long time. When my kids were younger we would make special trips to shop at the outlet mall. Gosh that was ages ago. Never went downtown though.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
12 comments:
simple but VERY effective! and i like the 'burning bush' in front. :)
Good depiction of the cattle drive.
this might be my favorite. i love all things Western and a cattle drive is a big part of my old west fetish.
Well done. It amazes me that some artists can paint so well on rough surfaces.
Yes, the drive is captured wonderfully here. But I hate ya, I know... strong word) those that paint red brick over with white.
I like the mural and that splash of color adds to the whole scene.
This mural also very exceptional! I like it so much.
And the touch of vivid autumn colors made the whole setting is so beautiful!
NICE mural...especially with that splash of fall color!
How beautiful! And what a perfect place for that colorful bush. Now if only the advertising sign could be removed.
That reminds me of one I saw a few years ago when I was driving to Bisbee.
Thank you for the info on the exotic animals. I hadn't thought about what they might me raising them for.
That's a cool mural. I haven't been to Sulphur Springs in a long time. When my kids were younger we would make special trips to shop at the outlet mall. Gosh that was ages ago. Never went downtown though.
Post a Comment