Sunday, April 3, 2011

Canton People

On Friday I traveled up the road 105 miles for First Monday Trade Days in Canton.  You may (or may not) remember that First Monday occurs the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday BEFORE the first Monday of the month.  Weird, I know, but you just have to remember, find the first Monday and then go back three days!  Canton touts itself as the world's largest flea market.  My two friends and I probably saw 20 percent of it in our daylong adventure.  I first went to Canton right after I arrived in Texas so this was my second trip.  Now, I'm hoping that I'm not becoming one of those persons who just posts too many pictures but I've had trouble whittling down this trip, so for the next few days I'm going to be showing you some of my favorites.  I hope you'll come back tomorrow and  see some more!


I don't care if it's just a dollar; it's gotta look great on me!



This guy is a serious shopper ~ two carts!


I'd trade my butt for this one!


 \
A hat is a must.  The Texas sun was brutal ~ even on April 2.



No, honey, I think if you tilt it this way it will fit on this cart.
Otherwise, you're going to have to carry it all day long.



Looking for bling.


Exquisite boredom.
Couldn't I have just gone to Gramma's?


Stay turned for tomorrow's segment:  Canton Stuff.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

These are just great. I love the captions. I'll be back to see the rest.

EG CameraGirl said...

This was so much fun, Kathy. Thanks for taking your blog friends along. Of course I want to see some more. :))

Magpie said...

What fun! Did you make any great buys?
I would be the last guy right now.

Mari said...

What a fun trip! I'm looking forward to more!

Randy said...

The two with the beads look like they don't mess around when bead shopping. Looks like a fun place to shop.

Serline said...

You totally crack me up with your commentary! For a brief moment, I thought you had gone to China (the other Canton)... flea markets are the best places to experience local flavors, albeit the X-treme version ;-P

Brenda's Arizona said...

Great comments! Dual shopping carts a must! And sunglasses WITH a hat!

Suburban Girl said...

Love the 2 cart shopper - that is being prepared.