Saturday, April 2, 2011

Antique Smells


A couple days ago I posted a photo of the Woodmen of the World building in Nacogdoches. On the ground floor is a large antique shop.  As I stopped to read the colorful sign out front my first thought was "I don't remember my grandmother's attic smelling like mothballs.  If anything, it smelled musty."  I though I'd take a peek inside.  Yep, just as I suspected:  that old musty-smelling attic!

10 comments:

Clif said...

From my time there, I've found Texans have a unique sense of humor which your picture aptly captures. Thanks for visiting my photoblog and for your supportive comments. While I"m on sabbatical, I'll continue to visit your site and live vicariously through your great photographs!

Mari said...

I know the musty smell you speak of! Great sign though!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Haha, great sign.

Sharon said...

Now there is a wonderful memory. My sister and I used to prowl around in our grandmother's attic and find old clothes and shoes to put on and model. No moth balls there either. Just that sort of musty, woody smell.

Randy said...

My kind of store!

Sharon Creech said...

I know the musty smell, too. And now can't spend more than ten minutes in an antique store without sneezing my way out.

Judy said...

Oh yes! Sharon and I loved that attic and spent many hours up there. I wish I had some of those old clothes and the beaded purses and shoes that we used to play with. Thanks for the memories.

EG CameraGirl said...

I don't think my grandmother had an attic. She was a "neatnik." Anything she didn't need or use was passed on! (I wish I inherited that trait!)

Lara said...

GREAT sign!

Suburban Girl said...

Terrific sign!