Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bluebonnets and Red Clover


The bluebonnets of Texas are rather sparse this year.  We have a small patch along our driveway and by the road in front of our place but, alas, they have dried up.  Just not enough rain this year.  I had hoped to take a road trip down into the Texas Hill Country where they are generally exceptionally beautiful but this year they just aren't making a show.   However ...



... the red clover is lush and tall and has thickly populated many of our country roadsides.

9 comments:

Randy said...

Those are so beautiful. I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite.

TexWisGirl said...

Oh you got a great shot of the crimson clover!!! We saw only a bit of it along the highway but noticed yesterday it was already gone. Yours made up for the lack of bluebonnets!!!

Sharon Creech said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Sharon said...

I've only seen bluebonnets from a distance so it's nice to see them up close. They really are pretty and so is that wonderful red clover. Two beautiful shots!

EG CameraGirl said...

The Texas bluebonnets are such a pretty colour. What a pity they aren't doing that well this year.

SouthernSass said...

I have never seen a bluebonnet, but have heard of them. They are beautiful!

Magpie said...

Oh, you got such wonderful shots of both! I love that shade of blue in the bluebonnets. The clover looks so sweet and inviting.

Brenda's Arizona said...

WOW! Showy or not!

Suburban Girl said...

I am so jealous....two beauties we don't have up here.