Friday, June 4, 2010
Harry M. Fennemore House 316/365
Harry M. Fennemore joined the law firm of Chalmers & Kent (successor to the firm of Sloan & Chalmers) in 1912, the same year he built his family’s home. By 1918 Fennemore’s name was added to the firm’s name and the firm of Fennemore Craig today is a firm of 200 plus lawyers and is the oldest firm in Arizona. Sloan & Chalmers opened its offices in one of the few two-story buildings in downtown Phoenix in 1885 when the town was part of the Arizona Territory. Mr. Fennemore lived in this home until his death in 1948. Today it is owned by the proprietor of an art gallery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
This is another beautiful place. It looks good in the sepia.
Kathy, you're doing such a great job with your photos...I love this one.
What a wonderful home and great information about it's history.
Lovely place!
I like this vintage building in sepia. :)
Great shot and I like the sepia treatment!
Post a Comment