Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Autumn in the Desert - Fire Bush


One thing that's usually missing in the desert is autumn.  I've been here about three weeks and although in most parts of the country it's midwinter, the desert is still showing fall color.  I don't remember these bushes when I lived here before so I don't know if they're a new implant or if because of the rains Phoenix has experienced this fall they're just showing an unusual brilliance, but I like them a lot and have dubbed them "fire bush."  If anyone knows what the real name is, would you clue me in?

P.S.  I bought a house today!  We're opting for a quick close to take place in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll be able to take some photos very soon.  I need to return to Texas to get my beloved Truck, who I left in capable hands, but now that I'm priming for a move, who can move without a reliable truck.  I'll probably fly back the first week in February, spend a day visiting relatives and then head back to Phoenix to start the grand move.  Maybe I'll even find a courthouse I left behind.  I'm very excited to get into my own place again, get a dog, plant a garden and get some new furniture!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

oh a new house and a move, very exciting BUT a little scary for me. i always feel it would be too much work. i'm happy you are looking forward to it!!!!

pretty bush, that's a lovely color!!!!

Sharon said...

Exciting news! I can't wait to see photos.

TexWisGirl said...

oh, congratulations!!! i am happy for you!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

let the new adventure begin... so glad you found a house so quickly. did you ever follow Ro who lives in Phoenix? her house looks like this one. a blogger you might be close to.

Paula said...

Hope you love your new house, that was fast.

Suburban Girl said...

It sounds like an exciting new time for you. We had snow last night.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful bush. I just love it. My team at http://www.paperwriting.xyz/ say it looks super beautiful. What's the name of this bush? I wonder if it can grow only in the dessert climate

EG CameraGirl said...

YAY! Glad you have settled on a house and that you can now get on with things! The bush is gorgeous.

Kate said...

Congratulations! You certainly do not waste any time. It will be wonderful when you finally get everything settled.

A Colorful World said...

How exciting, Kathy! I can't wait to see photos of the new house! I know it will feel good to get settled again.