Monday, January 4, 2016
Denizens of the Desert - Predatory
We're all familiar with the wily coyote who has taken up residence throughout the Northern Hemisphere of the Americas.
Coyotes do not exist on the European or Asian continents and now, having been spotted as far south as Panama, it is believed that someday they may take up residence in South America.
FYI, the coyote in the last photo appears to be very close to the netting which separates their habitat from the museum visitors, but the image is quite deceiving. I was much closer to the netting (which I couldn't even see) than the coyote.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
they are beautiful to me. and we have 2 that live in our area, we have seen them 3 times while driving to the YMCA.. they have become a problem here because we have paved their environment. they have no food so they eat cats and small dogs or what they can find. not there fault.
You got two really nice shots of these critters. Nicely done.
Trying to blog in México is a letter in patience and determination. Got your narrative but no photos; I'll keep trying every day, tho.
Hey I finally got it--fabulous photos.
they look healthy and well-fed!
I hear coyotes here at night, although I used to hear them way more often before the subdivision nearby was constructed. I hope the owneres of these new homes keep their cats inside.
These look a lot bigger and taller then the ones we see here. I like to hear them at night.
Coyotes.... We have them in the mountains and sometimes they are coming so close. I was told many times that they would not bother me but I am scared anyway.
Great photos, Kathy!
Great photos!
Post a Comment