Friday, January 8, 2016

Denizens of the Desert - Sweetness


More than a dozen varieties of hummingbirds visit Southern Arizona.  Guest photographer Emerson captured this stunning little black-chinned hummer on our trip to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of the critters we saw that day and the beautiful landscape of the Arizona desert.

8 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

he is a real cutie. love his colors

Sharon said...

I LOVE visiting the hummingbird aviary at the museum. This is another great photo! I do love watching hummingbirds everywhere.

Kaya said...

Love this little precious bird! It's very difficult to take of picture of a humming bird. It's moving so quickly.

Lovely bird!

EG CameraGirl said...

How nice to be able to see so many different varieties of hummingbirds! This is a cute one...but I suppose thay ALL are. LOL

Paula said...

A beautiful hummer, I've never seen one like that. Guess we don't have that type here.

Stephanie said...

I am enjoying viewing your splendid bird images.

TexWisGirl said...

adorable!

A Colorful World said...

Sweet little black-chinned! I love that they and the Annas visit my yard over winter. I bet you have put up some feeders since you've been back too!