Friday, January 22, 2016

A Trip to Mesa


Our trip over to the suburb of Mesa was occasioned by my daughter's desire to visit Design Lab, a unique retail shop full of stuff just worthy of checking out.


It's located in a beautiful old red brick building right in the heart of the arts district on Main Street in downtown Mesa.  The trappings are warehousey and you can spend a couple of hours just browsing the one-of-a-kind items, writing implements, papers and journals, lamps, pillows, doodads, furniture, and a little bit of just everything you might want to decorate your home.


I loved the rustic doors located down the hall toward the corner of the store.


The hallway leading to the entrance is lined with posters, signs,  photographs, and other pieces of framed art.  This is one of my favorite quotes.


There are also some shops upstairs in this building and I believe some professional offices but we didn't veture up this shiny metal staircase.  Maybe next time.

12 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I would love to see all of this. love the windows and doors and the hanging lights in the second pic. that quote is ME ME ME...

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness! I don't usually like to shop but I would definitely like to check this place out. Looks like a goldmine for fabulous ideas!

Kate said...

My favourite is the Dorothy Parker sign because, as a teacher, I have a high regard for curiosity.

Suburban Girl said...

What a wonderful place to spend an afternoon. Love those doors too.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh this looks a wonderful place to browse. Great photos Kathy! Have a fun-filled weekend :)

Gail Dixon said...

Now this looks like my kind of place! Love that quote about no cure for curiosity. Glad you enjoyed time with your daughter.

Sharon said...

I'm on my way to Mesa today to have lunch with an old friend. I'll have to keep my eye open for this place.

Kaya said...

I would love to visit this design shop, I could spend there the whole day. I love the back board with great words about CURIOSITY.

Paula said...

You're having too much fun with your daughter,

Jeanne said...

Oh that looks like a fun place. I would love it!

SRQ said...

Very neat! Looks like the kind of place you can get lost in for hours.

A Colorful World said...

What a cool building!