Friday, April 9, 2010

Easy Pasta Dinner 259/365


Except for baking my recipes rarely have ingredients with precise measurements.  Since I cook for one and occasionally two and a half, I just judge everything on how many plates it needs to make.  This is a quick supper that most people seem to like and is pretty simple.

Fry a few slices of bacon in a large skillet.  Reserve 2 Tbs. of the bacon grease. Saute fresh spinach or arugula leaves in  1 Tbs. bacon drippings (my Southern influence comes through) until greens are wilted.  Add a little salt and pepper unless you're already on a low-salt diet and some red pepper flakes if you want.  Remove and set aside.  Add drained chopped tomatoes to another tablespoon of the bacon grease in the skillet and heat thoroughly.  Return the spinach to the skillet and add cooked penne or rigatoni pasta and combine all ingredients.  If it seems dry toss with a little extra olive oil.  Serve up in pasta bowls and garnish with crumbled bacon pieces and parmesan.  A nice salad and garlic bread and you're done!

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Cooking for one must be a challenge. I like the presentation of this photo.

Lara said...

I can attest! It's delicious!

Maia T said...

I like these recipes, easy and quick. I don't like to spend much time in the kitchen, so I'll try this recipe soon, it looks delicious.
Credits go to your perfect photo too.

fredamans said...

My Italian hubby would like this! Thanks for the recipe!

Suburban Girl said...

This sounds easy and delicious. I think I'll try it this week.

Tracy said...

Nice photo and the recipe sounds delicious.

Self Sagacity said...

Seems easy enough to fix, and I have some of those noodles too!

Michelle said...

Mmmm.....looks yummy. I love making pasta where you can just throw in whatever is in the fridge.