Friday, June 19, 2015
Tropical Storm Bill Causes Texas Floods
Yesterday I had an appointment in Nacogdoches and crossed this bridge during my travels. At Main Street only about two blocks from historic downtown, the water in Lanana Creek was higher than I've ever seen it. Usually when you cross this bridge you can't even see the creek below. Today it's almost up to the floor of the bridge and only about six feet from the parking area of a small office building. You can see the tiny bit of pavement in the lower left where I pulled in behind the building. If that pile of debris that you see protruding from under the bridge on the left continues to be caught, pretty soon the creek will be dammed and the water will overflow into a commercial business area. Another creek which runs through town flooded today trapping residents in their homes and many were forced to evacuate. Several county roads were closed and about .2 mile from my home there was a downed power line laying across the road that I didn't even see until a nanosecond before I drove over it! After almost seven straight hours of downpour (and I am talking blinding rain) this morning on top of rains every day the past week, the front finally moved northeast this afternoon and we're expecting some drying over the next few days. That Texas swimming pool I told you about a week or so ago is continuing to fill! Watch out Arkansas and Missouri. Here comes Bill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
bill is slamming Chicago with rain and all states between you and there.. scary looking photo
my TV is talking about the flooding now
we got about 3 inches from bill, but it came in bands, not constant. you were hit much worse! hope it subsides, now!
That is a very scary scene. You have record rain and we have record heat.
There has been some flooding in San Antonio but we've only had showers out here.
Very scary! Stay safe.
I guess we won't be hearing about a Tx drought this summer. Good? Bad?
Scary when this happens.
Water is both critical and essential for survival but when it floods areas it does a great deal of harm for the residents and community.
Been watching the weather, and worrying about you all there in Texas!
I sure do hope this river is as high as it got and that it's more like normal now.
Post a Comment