Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sandhill Crane


Texas Zoo - Victoria, Texas

14 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

he must have gotten the memo to wear red to match the barn... beautiful

Sharon said...

I love his red head!

TexWisGirl said...

so stately!

Birdman said...

Going to a masquerade ball? Like the red mask.

Judy said...

That is a beautiful bird! And he knows it.

Celestina Marie said...

Beautiful crane. You captured a great shot.
Blessings for a great week ahead.
Hugs cm

Paula said...

What a pose!

Kate said...

Perfect posture!!

SRQ said...

I love sandhill cranes. They're fairly common here especially in the winter. Earlier this week I was a bit surprised to see three walking next to a busy road.

Randy said...

Nice looking bird.

Stephanie said...

The red head with the red barn is quite striking with the two together. Interesting bird. Great image!

EG CameraGirl said...

I've been looking for some wild relatives of this crane! So far I haven't seen them yet this year.

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful photo, Kathy!

Unknown said...

I've seen it in the wild in India. Such a gorgeous bird!