Sunday, June 14, 2015
Jasper County Courthouse (Texas No. 54)
Constructed: 1889
Style: Renaissance Revival
Material: Originally red brick and later covered with stucco
Interesting fact: Jasper County was one of the original 23 counties created following the Texas Revolution in 1836.
County seat: Jasper, Texas, population 8,200
Nickname: Butterfly Capitol of Texas
Location: 130 miles northeast of Houston, 230 miles southeast of Jot 'em Down, 870 miles east of El Paso, 830 Miles southwest of Jasper, Indiana (those last two mileage figures make for an interesting comparison regarding the great state of Texas)
Interesting fact: One of the primary locations for recovery of the Space Shuttle Columbia wreckage in February 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
do you have any photos taken at Jot em down? i love that name, made me smile
it's really pretty. the stucco looks really nice! loved your mileage comparison to el paso vs. indy. :)
Looks pretty good for it's age. I would imagine it must have been gorgeous with the red brick.
This one almost has a church-like quality to it. I love the way this photos is framed by those two gorgeous trees.
I'm not a fan of stucco but it looks nice on this building. I really like all the arched windows.
I love the architecture. Completely different then the houses I see here. I find it very interesting.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
I'm looking for a flag on the courthouse today... but my eyes are failing me.
Great color.
Kathy this is another great photo of an amazing building. Great to learn the history and info. Thank you for sharing another beauty in our Lone Star State.
Hugs, CM
Post a Comment