Monday, June 15, 2015

Only in Texas


Last month as I was driving through Longview, Texas, on a day trip I decided to stop by my favorite place to shop.  I noticed there was a new addition - a pump jack which was actually pumping oil!  Only in Texas will you find an active oil well in the middle of a retail business area!

16 comments:

BlueShell said...

That is ...progress....I believe!

Kiss

Blueshell.azurara.net

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i remember driving through Texas on I-10 and miles and miles and miles of these things. but in town? wow on that one. i wish i owned it

TexWisGirl said...

capitalizing on every drop...

Sharon said...

Where there is oil...there's a way!

Paula said...

One of the neat things I like about our state. Just wish I had property with one on it.

Birdman said...

There's oil in those retail outlets.

Gail Dixon said...

Never have I seen one in a retail setting. My grandparents had one on their land, but it is no longer producing. This is kind of cool...I guess! :)

Jeanne said...

Only in Texas indeed but somehow it doesn't seem inappropriate.

Judy said...

That is something we don't see here in Arizona but I've seen plenty of those in Texas and Oklahoma but I haven't seen one quite that close to a shopping area.

Celestina Marie said...

Yes, only in Texas. Great photo.
Have a nice week.
xo

Pauline said...

That's surprises me, wouldn't have imagined a pump right in town. It makes for a great silhouette though.

Stephanie said...

Amazing in the middle of town.

Randy said...

I've seen them in California. I hate them.

Kate said...

Isn't this a bit noisy?

EG CameraGirl said...

Hmmmm. I guess the owners cannot resist making a few BIG BUCKS.

A Colorful World said...

Great stuff! :-)