Saturday, June 20, 2015
McCulloch County Courthouse (Texas No. 56)
Original construction: 1899
Restored and Rededicated: 2009
Style: Romanesque Revival
Material: Sandstone
Interesting Fact: Although there appears to be a place in the tower on each of the four sides of the building for a clock, the courthouse has never had a clock.
The county seat, Brady, claims to be the geographical center of Texas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
funny about the lack of clocks. :) interesting design. almost too pretty for me. :)
Another stone beauty!
A beautiful building. Makes me wonder why they left the clocks off.
Everybody loves Tom Brady, I guess. Even the cowboys. GRIN.
We have a small armory decorated in this fashion in stones. Now I know.
Looks like a small town but the courthouse is grand. I like that sign.
Impressive! Was the tower on top added when they restored the building or is it original? It's such a contrast to the stone walls.
The buildings you find to showcase continue to amaze me; they're all unique, often massive, and a focal point for the communities.
I didn't even notice the missing clock until I read your fact. I like that red roof.
Really nice building!
Another nice building.
Beautiful courthouse!
That sandstone is so pretty, as is the design. Love the logo with the heart in the center. Weird about the clocks. Ran out of money maybe?
Hmmm. Somehow I feel this "castle" would be more appropriate in Fantasyland. Just saying.
Another great post with special photos. Love the heart of Texas stone monument.
cm
Post a Comment