Thursday, February 26, 2015

Winter Comes to East Texas


We've had a rougher winter than usual, although I know those of you who live in colder climates would say we don't know what winter is.  And you're right, of course.  It all depends on what you're acclimated to.  I've always wanted to take a photo of a cardinal in snow and I got my chance yesterday.  It actually snowed here!  What you see is about the extent of our white stuff and of course it was gone by early afternoon.  It was a very fluffy thick wet snow so it piled up pretty quickly.  I coaxed this handsome fellow to our deck by putting out some sunflower seeds and he accommodated my request.

13 comments:

Birdman said...

Fabulous shot.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so pretty and the snow makes his color POP

Sharon said...

Stunning photo! This guy is a gorgeous beauty.
Beautiful snow cover too!

Gail Dixon said...

There is nothing prettier than a bright red Cardinal in the snow. Stay safe!

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful! we had several inches here, too - and yes, i took more photos of our red barn. :) you might see them around may by the time i get to posting them. :)

Paula said...

Beautiful!

EG CameraGirl said...

Super! Y ou gave him what he could not resist! :)

Kate said...

Everything comes to those who wait!! It is another perfect Cardinal photo of yours!!

Randy said...

Marvelous close up.

Judy said...

That is a perfect holiday card!
I don't mind snow if it doesn't hang around too long.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful shot! Perfect!

Unknown said...

There's no better colour to contrast with the snow. Lovely capture!

Anonymous said...

Such a pop of color! You are lucky to have them, I wish they were here in WA...