Monday, February 16, 2015

McAlpine's - Phoenix


When I spent two weeks during November in Phoenix I had lunch one day at McAlpine's (pronounced ma-KEL-pines), an authentic, old-fashioned soda fountain just north of downtown. They've been serving up egg creams and thick malts since 1928 in this former Rexall drug store decorated with tons of nostalgia. American Pickers would have a heyday in this place.


In addition to yummy cheeseburgers, BLT's, egg salad sandwiches, chili burgers, and the original wooden booths and soda fountain, you can browse through vintage clothing and furniture shops.  I give McAlpine's ***** for a super lunch!

9 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

if i were eating there my eyes would be staring at the things on the walls.. wow and the Picker guys would be happy here..

Sharon said...

Is this the place on 7th Street? I've never been in there and I can see now that I need to go!

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness. The place is chock full of memorabilia!

Judy said...

Good food and fun too! I didn't know about this place.

TexWisGirl said...

looks and sounds very cool.

Gail Dixon said...

The egg cream sounds so yummy! Looks like a great place to enjoy an old-fashioned meal, surrounded by all those treasures from the past.

Randy said...

Fun place.

Amy Burzese said...

Looks right up my alley. I've always wanted to try an egg cream!

A Colorful World said...

Looks like a great place to grab a bite! I try to stay away from Phoenix...I was that way about Richmond when we lived in the Norfolk/Chesapeake/Suffolk area and Houston when we lived in Ledbetter! (though I would go to Austin because that's where the grandbaby was! ) I just HATE big cities. But if I do get up that way, I will go! Looks like a fun trip down memory lane.