Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Pine Valley Farm
On a recent day trip I drove past this beautiful little farm near Linden, Texas. I was tempted to drive through those open gates and down the road into the valley ...
... which just happened to be planted with the makings of a nice pine forest which will probably come to maturity 30 to 40 years from now.
It seemed like a prosperous enough place, with an electronically controlled gate and a security camera. I just knew I'd find out a lot more about it when I got home and looked for Pine Valley Farm on the Internet. No such luck. Not a mention. Perhaps it's just some gentleman farmer's personal pride and joy. There's probably a big house down in the valley on the other side of that hill but we'll never know because I decided it might not be a good idea to go through those gates uninvited. They could just close behind me, you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Beautiful!! I always want to drive through open gates too!! Yikes, you are right definitely wouldn't want them closing behind us.
i laughed at the last line because that is exactly what i would think, closing behind me... it is a nice place and i am glad they are planting trees for the future.
Looks like an inviting place... I love road trips here in Texas we have so much to see
oh, someone's dream come true...
Wow, if they closed behind you... that would be an adventure (or not). Wouldn't it be fun to see the pines in 30 years?
Fun adventure, Kathy!
They have a nice looking place there.
Looks like it would be lots of fun to explore!
Too bad you couldn't find out more. It sure looks like an interesting place to take photos.
Post a Comment