Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bunny Girl or Bunny Boy?


On Friday my friends and I traveled to Canton, Texas, for First Monday Trade Days, 
believed by some to be the world's biggest flea market.  
One of the highlights of the trip is always a visit to Dog Alley, 
where vendors sell almost any every kind of farm animal. 
My friend had decided to buy a new companion for her bunny whose partner died a few months ago.  
She picked this cute little number who is about eight weeks old.


But when you're buying a bunny who will be living with another bunny, 
the big question is always 
WHAT IS THE SEX OF THIS BUNNY?

After a bit of an examination, the proclamation came.

Just like any proud father in the delivery room, this guy was all smiles when he announced
IT'S A LITTLE BUCK!

So the bunny got packed in one of those red onion sacks shown in the second photo
and we went home with
A BUNNY IN A BAG!


17 comments:

Randy said...

I would have taken that little cutie boy or girl.

Rohrerbot said...

I like this guy's smile!

TexWisGirl said...

this guy is too cute!!! i think you should have stuck him in a bag and taken him home for yourself! ha! :)

his bunny is pretty cute, too! hope the bunnies get along!

Judy said...

So very cute! I hope he is happy with his new room mate. "Bunny in a bag" made me laugh.

Magpie said...

You have all the fun! Such a cute bunny. This reminds me of when my brother bought me hamsters for Christmas one year. He was assured he had a male and female. He had two males. As they matured, the fighting started. We had to separate them after one particularly bad fight where Herman had to be renamed One-eyed Jack.

Sharon said...

What a cute little guy! I'm hoping he loves his new home.

EG CameraGirl said...

What a cutie! I hear bunnies make good pets.

Carol said...

What a good face to photograph....and the bunny is a cutie...

DeniseinVA said...

I loved these photos. I still remember how it feels to stroke a bunnies fur. So soft and they always look adorable!

Mari said...

He's a cute little guy!

Jo's World said...

Are we going to get to see a photo of the Happy (we hope) Couple?

You DO have a lot of fun on your travels!

Cheers and hugs,

Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Kate said...

Your recent animal photos are terrific, Kathy. Your camera and lens showcase your photographic skills!

Anonymous said...

Just in time for Easter, too!

Suburban Girl said...

I wanted a bunny, but I got a pomeranian instead. Almost the same thing, small and jumpy! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

What great photos! Thanks for sharing them!
Greetings from Cottage Country!

Pia said...

What a sweet cute Bunny! I love him!
And what a happy smile from your friend!
Wonderful photos Kathy!

Liebe Grüße,
Pia

Brenda said...

My husband and I use to go to Canton at lot, back when they had "The Mountain." His cousin had a shop up there and we would always go and stay the weekend. Some day I'll have to post some pictures of that time to share with everyone. It was a great time and we loved it so much. I'm glad to see they still have 1st Mondays. Maybe we'll have to go back some day.
Cute post by the way!!
Brenda