Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ducks


Caldwell Zoo, Tyler, Texas


Phoenix Zoo

This farm girl had to go to the zoo to take pictures of ducks!  We have a pond but no ducks.  Perhaps TexWis Girl or EG Camera Girl will be able to tell us what kind these are!

18 comments:

Randy said...

Nice pattern on the feathers of the second duck.

Kate said...

Both ducks and the reflection of the first photo are delightful. Wish I could swim like that, with such apparent ease.

Judy said...

They sure are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Aren't they darling? I hope you get to see some ducks on your own pond. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what kind they are, but they're too cute! =)

Now, I'm off to check out ipiccy, thanks so much!

Francisca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francisca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francisca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francisca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francisca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Francisca said...

What is it about ducks that delight so much? :-) These two sure are pretty, too.

Francisca said...

Aaack! So sorry, Kathy! Blogger-Google has gone berserk! I will try to delete the multiple posts. :-(

TexWisGirl said...

really not sure. the first one looks exotic. the hen looks similar to a mallard but doesn't have the wing bars. cute little ones!

Judy said...

Very cute ducks. I like the way the water looks.

Sharon said...

I really like the one with the blue bill.

Michelle said...

Lol...I did the same thing when I went. I was so excited to finally see my first mandarin.

Neat pics, Kathy. I like the blue beak in the first one, and the foot in the second. :)

Magpie said...

Maybe you should get a couple little ducklings and get something started on that pond of yours.

EG CameraGirl said...

The second one looks like a female mallard/ Sometimes they fold their wings in ways that hide their bluish bars on the wings,

The first duck has such a blue beak that I don't recognize.