This was one of those photos that I was planning to throw away or just toss in the 2012 miscellaneous photo pile. After all, it was just a driveby shooting that happened to catch, of all dull things, a parking lot and a drive-in bank while visiting in Arizona recently. Then along came a photo challenge re the sky in landscape photography at The Art of Capturing the Moment (aka The Dusty Cellar Shoots) and I decided what the heck, the only redeeming thing about this picture is a somewhat dramatic sky with ominous clouds and a touch of a contrail, maybe it will find a spot. I agree, a little citified for a landscape, but cities have land too!
See the others who have entered the competition HERE. And, Rebecca, host of The Art of Capturing the Moment, thanks for the guest photographer's tutorial on this subject and for your beautiful photo demonstrating the lesson.


12 comments:
The dramatic sky really draws your eyes upward! Great shot!
Great clouds! Thanks for linking!
Standing on 7th Ave and Thomas. Wonderful sky shot.
Great sky and lovely colours! Very good composition!
Have a nice day!
Those clouds are amazing, Kathy. Beautiful capture.
your effect deepens the impact, for sure. :)
I'm glad you didn't toss it, it turned out great.
The sky in this shot is just gorgeous and you were in my neighborhood!
Kathy, this is a very nice photo, and I hate it to go the trash/misc pile.
I could hear the loud and thunderous commotion of the skies!
P.S. I was debating whether I want to join Rebecca, but she was very inspiring! I am glad you posted this photo, very lovely!
I think this is a super photo, Kathy. I'm so glad you didn't toss it!
This is a dramatic sky. It's funny that we can remember all these shots, even when they were ones we planned on dumping. Great job!
Post a Comment