Friday, March 9, 2012

Color in Canton


Flowers vendors were out in force last weekend at First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas.  Texas is experiencing an early spring this year ~ about one month early, in fact, due to our mild winter.  Our bluebonnets actually started blooming this week ~ can't wait until they thicken up and I can take a few photos of them ~ and I actually bought twenty tomato plants today.  I really only wanted six but I went a little crazy.  I figure I can share some with friends and neighbors.  Our tomato crop was crap last summer due to the drought.  We watered them but our water is no substitute for good old-fashioned rain.  That stuff that falls from the sky doesn't have chlorine and all those other chemicals in it!

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ooh, those look like bourgainvilla (or however you spell that). so pretty.

can't believe your bluebonnets are blooming! i did check along the drive and found some plants, but not one sign of a bloom yet!

Judy said...

It has been strange weather all around. Trees are blooming here, way too early.

GypsyFarmGirl said...

I wish I could have went to Canton last week, but I had to work all weekend. I have seen a few bluebonnets blooming this week as well.

eileeninmd said...

It is so lovely spring is arriving early. A little too early for here, I wish. I love your beautiful and colorful photo. I would like to see a photo of your bluebonnets in bloom. Have a great weekend!

Magpie said...

Oh, flowers! What fun and I wish I could take a couple of those tomato plants off your hands. Of course, I would probably kill them.

EG CameraGirl said...

Tomato plants already! It's even too early for me to plant tomato seeds yet. :)

Jo's World said...

Every body is mixed up about the weather, it seems! People are talking about Spring in Minnesota and I feel like we have really had no winter to speak of. Not like usual anyway.

Acid rain used to be an issue, is it still? Good luck with the tomatoes!

Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat

Anonymous said...

When will this tomatoes be ready? I think Magpie and I need to make a road trip.

Pia said...

Ah Kathy, 20 tomato plants?! There will be a lot of soup, salad and sauce this year. Hopefully!