Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Em's Gr8th Birthday


Em had a great eighth birthday party last Sunday at a local park.  
The weather was perfect - 78 degrees!  
That's why you plan your vacation to Arizona in January!


The boys prepped their appetite for dogs and burgers 
by playing a little football and a lot of rolling around on the grass.


His friends brought the perfect presents for an eight-year-old boy.


I think the cake was chocolate!
I'm going to predict this will be the last birthday
that he will wear his traditional birthday hat.

10 comments:

Randy said...

I am loving his party hat!

Kate said...

What fun! This is probably the last birthday where he will tolerate photos, too.

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a great time! It's both a sad and happy time to see them growing older.

TexWisGirl said...

how sweet! so glad you got to be there for it!

Judy said...

Happy Birthday, EM! I think I would always wear that hat on my birthday!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthdy, EM! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Magpie said...

Such a transition. Happy times, but growing older brings new traditions. I like the hat. I'm guessing maybe one more year...like his 16th!

Suburban Girl said...

Chocolate...whatever would make you suspect chocolate? ;)

Pia said...

He had a great day and I think you too Kathy.
I love his birthday hat!

jabblog said...

That Dr Seuss hat is wonderful but I think you're probably right.