A bicyclist encounters a steep climb on one of the red brick streets in downtown Nacogdoches.
16 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Oh my gosh...I love this shot! Such rich color and textures! Love the Co-Cola sign too! Will you consider entering it in my 'Weekly Top Shot' meme? We're on Week #17 and I'd love to see you share with me and my readers! Here's this weeks' link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=6220
Lots of color and texture going on in this photo! Wonderful. The little town in Oklahoma where I grew up (Henryetta) originally had brick streets. Many of them were blacktopped over, but there were a few left and they always intrigued me.
I'm surprised at how steep it is here! And those colors and the coca cola are fantastic. So good to catch up - looks like you really enjoyed your AZ trip!
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
16 comments:
Oh my gosh...I love this shot! Such rich color and textures! Love the Co-Cola sign too! Will you consider entering it in my 'Weekly Top Shot' meme? We're on Week #17 and I'd love to see you share with me and my readers! Here's this weeks' link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=6220
Great shot Kathy, quite an uphill climb - he must be fit!!! I have never heard of a name like Nacogdoches. What a great name.
Love the colors and the Coke sign too.
Lots of color and texture going on in this photo! Wonderful. The little town in Oklahoma where I grew up (Henryetta) originally had brick streets. Many of them were blacktopped over, but there were a few left and they always intrigued me.
Nice one. Was it an HDR?
Neat editing, I like the gold tones.
Wow, the colors, the sky, this is a fabulous photo!
Very nice, Kathy!
I'm surprised at how steep it is here! And those colors and the coca cola are fantastic. So good to catch up - looks like you really enjoyed your AZ trip!
Let me join the others in saying I love this photo! From the Coke sign to the rich color of the brick street, its all just perfect.
Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat
brick streets, painted brick coke sign, and i'm sure there's rust in there somewhere! perfect!
Looks like it could be from another time. I like the effects, at first I thought it was a mural. Lovely!
Red brick, bicyclist and brick art! Great capture.
Love the deep orange-brown of the bricks under the blue sky.
ow, i like the coke sign. how old is it, do you know?
This photo is a wonderful composition Kathy. Wow, the cyclist (I think it is a woman) needs no work out at a gym.
Post a Comment