Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Williamson County Courthouse (Texas No. 62)
Constructed: 1911
Architectural Style: Beaux-Arts
Materials: Brick and stone
County Seat: Georgetown
This style of architecture was very popular during the first two decades of the 20th Century, a stunning transition from the Victorian and Renaissance Revival styles so popular in the late 19th Century.
A better view of the beautiful copper dome can actually be seen a block away.
Tomorrow: Wandering Through Georgetown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Another amazing courthouse with uniqueness and style. Today, they just slap cinder blocks together and call it a day. These buildings you are showing us just say CLASS.
Very nice. At first sight it looks like a school.
I like the dome and the windows and also like that J P Aubin store...
I love that dome and you are right, you get a better view from a little ways away. It's kind of like the dome on our capital here. It's better seen from a distance.
Another handsome courthouse! The copper dome is very attractive.
Pretty courthouse, I like the dome! Enjoy your day!
Very impressive.
quite pretty!
Copper domes give a classy look to any building. This courthouse doesn't really need that kind of help because it is indeed a class act.
The dome is amazing!
That dome is the crowning glory. I like that rock building in the second shot.
Post a Comment