Thursday, July 9, 2015

New Trend in Landscaping?


This lonely piece of heavy-duty equipment sits in the front yard of a rather nice-looking house not far from where I live.  The homeowners keep a nicely mown, manicured yard except for this centerpiece attraction which is now so overgrown and vine-infested that it's become a permanent, unmovable fixture. As a matter of fact, I've seen this scene repeated more than once in about a 25-mile radius so I'm led to believe it must be a new trend in garden landscaping.

16 comments:

Birdman said...

Ha. Newest craze in lawn ornaments.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i like rust but am thinking i would be selling it for scrap iron maybe..

Suburban Girl said...

Well, at least it gives the wildlife someplace to hide. I'm not sure I would be thrilled with it as a lawn ornament!

TexWisGirl said...

Big Rust! i can see it catching on. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Sometimes ugly things like this have been in a spot for so long that the owners no longer see it.

Sharon said...

This was a common sight in Illinois where I grew up. It must be one of those fads that has come around again. :-)

Judy said...

I'm always amazed at how quickly nature takes over. One day that machine will be completely covered and out of sight.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, very interesting lawn decor. LOL Great pic and thanks for sharing.
Happy Weekend. xo

Paula said...

We had an old water drilling rig on our side yard for years in San Antonio (it had a story behind it which I have told here or in AOL Journals.) Our neighbor called it an eyesore. The city called it a decorative piece.

Randy said...

Lawn art.

A Colorful World said...

An oasis for the critters, but an eyesore none-the-less. :-)

Kate said...

Certainly is a unique lawn fixture.

Mersad said...

I also have no idea what it's doing there. :) Unusual indeed, but guess from your comment not too an unusual sight.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I've seen cool old tractors as lawn ornaments, but not usually hidden under brush. That just looks like someone doesn't have time to clean it up or move it.

Stephanie said...

The greenery keeps it from being an eyesore.

Anonymous said...

I guess that is lawn art. Or he just don't care.