Year Constructed 1883
Style: Second Empire
Materials: Limestone
Interesting Facts: Third oldest functioning courthouse in Texas; underwent reconstruction in 2003.
Lampasas is the county seat of Lampasas County. A town with a population of 6,700, it is 290 miles northwest of Houston, 180 miles southwest of Dallas, 260 miles west of my home near Garrison, and 400 miles southeast of Lazbuddie in the Texas/Oklahoma panhandle.



9 comments:
The star atop the building makes it pretty obvious that this courthouse is in Texas! Pretty fancy for a town with a population pf less than 7,000. I guess this serves a much larger community than that, though. I hope most of the crime there involves traffic violations rather than serious offence. ;)
Oh I absolutely love that last shot. B
Wow- the topper on this one is beautiful! Love the design- the star, the clocks...gorgeous architecture.
i'm glad you caught it with the guy going in the front door. makes it seem more functional that way. :)
Nice looking courthouse. I've been through the town a few times but never saw the courthouse.
i like the view of the stairs through the front windows.. yet another grand old lady
Cool. A courthouse decorated for the holidays 365... Lonestar.
What a great clock tower!
I love the clock tower but, the building seems a bit stark compared to some of the elaborate buildings you've shown us.
Post a Comment