This gorgeous building was constructed to house the San Antonio National Bank in 1886. The bank was the first federally chartered banking institution in San Antonio, having been established in 1866. This Victorian design structure featuring Moorish arches and ornate ironwood and a decorative corner tower was occupied by the bank until 1970. It is now the home of a law firm.
When I first saw this wrought iron fence as we descended from a parking garage across the street, I knew it was worth of Teresa's Good Fences meme. I love the brass rosettes on the top of the posts.
The fence becomes even more ornate as it approaches the corners.
This photo, taken from the fourth floor of the parking garage where I left a lot of my money in San Antonio, reveals a patio rooftop entertainment area.
Linking to this week's Good Fences.





9 comments:
the fence is incredible to me.. i love all the scroll work and rossettes and that roof top is wonderful.. the windows look like giant keyholes.. it i a magnificent building and i am glad they are still using it. i hate to think what the occupants charge to keep it up though
the fence is very ornate! that building, as a whole, is one fancy place, but i really like it! the moorish windows really caught my eye! hooray for kathy joining in on good fences!!!! :)
That is one beautiful building. Love the ornate elements.
What a fantastic building and wonderful fence. It must have been very striking in it's day. I love the rooftop patio.
The building is gorgeous and I love that it was the bank for so many years. The fence is pretty amazing too.
Now that is a different look for a bank.
What an amazing building! They don't build them like that anymore. It seems that law firms have taken over many of the lovely old buildings around here too.
WOW! This was a BANK?!
This bank building is wonderful! Love the architectural features and that iron fence is so pretty! Glad you are planning to blog more often!
Post a Comment