In the 50's we walked up and down Houston street looking in the windows to see what was in style. Mama would sew clothes for us without a pattern. Then we would have lunch at the counter of one of the drug stores. Lots of memories here lately.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
10 comments:
so cool. hope it'll stay for a long time.
I did not know Walgreens has a vintage, thought they were new.. never saw one until we came here and they are on every corner.
That is a great sign. I'm glad they kept it.
This is GREAT in B&W!!
Great find. It's good when these old ones are still in use.
In the 50's we walked up and down Houston street looking in the windows to see what was in style. Mama would sew clothes for us without a pattern. Then we would have lunch at the counter of one of the drug stores. Lots of memories here lately.
That is so wonderful.
Very cool.
That is an oldie! Looks right in black and white.
That is cool and brings back memories of my high school days.
Post a Comment